Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Off to a GREAT start!!!!

So here's big update for yall. I went for my 3 year MRI this morning. (After my gamma knife surgery in 2013, they told me to wait 3 years and then I will know if the AVM is gone; so now is my 3 year mark.) While I was filing out my forms, I was hysterically crying filling out my brain history; thinking of how much this AVM has put me through and how crazy the last 4 years have been because of it. I went in for the MRI, which I am basically an expert at by now, and cried more as I laid there thinking about how my gut is telling me the AVM will never be gone and MRIs will be my regular routine for life. When I came out, I asked the technician if I had an AVM anymore. She was not allowed to tell me, even though I begged and cried... Instead, she made sure to tell the radiologist to read the scans quickly and let me know. So, this week I am waiting for the radiologist at the MRI place to give his report, my neurologist to give his report and my Arizona doctor to give his report. As long as all of these reports say that the AVM is gone, I go to Arizona next month to get an angiogram and make sure that it is really gone and not just MRI camera shy.

So HERE is the big news: the first of the three doctors gave his report... I have scar tissue (as expected from my brain history) but, HE CANNOT FIND ANY AVM!!!!!!!! Now we wait for the next two days to hear from my other two doctors to confirm this report and then were off to Arizona!!

YAYAY!!!!! March 1st, you are a great day!!!!!

1 comment: