Friday, March 11, 2016

Here goes nothing... err... everything!

This week has been a roller coaster of a week!
I got my last 2 doctors reports: "Inconclusive: cannot tell if there is an AVM based on the MRI, [I] need to go to Arizona for an angiogram." Not quite the great news I was expecting, but I was expecting to go to Arizona for an angiogram, so that's good. I feel comfortable with the Arizona doctors and even though it's a fairly routine procedure, a person will still be inside of my brain and I only want someone who I trust doing that-- that made it worth my trip to Arizona.
BUT WAIT!
Then everything changed.
After a week of swirling logistics, stress and tears, I will not be going to Arizona for the angiogram. I will be staying local in NYC for it. My neurologist, who I trust, referred me to a Dr. Pierre Gobin at NY Presbyterian and between his referral and a few friends of mine gave me a good review on him and his "Health Grade" is 5 stars, I made an appointment for this Wednesday, March 16th.
I will be going in in the morning for an 1-1.5 hour angiogram followed by a 5-6 hour recovery in the hospital; then released (it's outpatient) and I go home to recover on bed rest for a few days. They will be sending the pictures they take to Arizona so that my doctors, who I trust there, will review my case and we will take it from there.
There isn't a braink you card big enough to properly express my gratitude and appreciation to all of my friends and family who have been guiding me and supporting me through this crazy week!
xox

No comments:

Post a Comment